Participates in Planning, organizing and executing events, functions and programs, including Tour de Broward, School Safety Programs and Sponsorship activities. Acts as a Lead for some of the Community Events.
1. Tour de Broward (TDB) -Manage Registration Process -Assist in building relationships with community through promotion and solicitation of partnership -Lead for pre-packet pickups and distribution -Lead TDB run/walk/ride activations -Participate in Community tabling events that promote TDB (weekends/evenings) -Assist with handling questions and issues for customers (emails and phones) particularly during peak time (just before event) -Provide onsite support during the event
2. Safety Programs -Lead for Safety Town Programs, including coordinating program & handling registration -Functions as instructor for Safety Town and Teddy Bear Clinic and overview of CPR Programs -Lead for home alone and Teddy Bear Clinic in the classrooms (scheduling, soliciting schools participation, promoting and growing the program & maintaining partnerships). -Assist with car seat inspection programs
3. Partners in Education Program -Responsible for recruiting MHS Volunteers/Liaisons for the PIE program -Coordinate PIE Kick-offs at MHS facilities -Assist with mailing new school year packets to schools -Update/maintain master PIE liaison list on Shared drive -Meet with new targets schools to begin PIE partnerships (Western Corridor, North Broward, North Dade, Palm Beach) -Responsible for obtaining quarterly activity from MHS PIE Liaisons (hours, in-kind, events, etc.) to be reported to Board of Commissioners on a quarterly basis. Update the department quarterly report to include statistics collected and submit to PIE School Board Representative -Responsible for banner placement on school fences program (handling distribution & delivery, tracking costs, etc.)
4. Office -Data entry: enters deliverables for approved sponsorships in Basecamp Software for department tracking purposes. Responsible for Sponsorship request report including: Gathering sponsorship requests, in-putting data on spreadsheet, collecting missing data, etc. -Completes Special projects as assigned
5. Community Events -Responsible for planning and executing events and Service Lines activities as assigned -Facilitate community partnerships for leadership follow-up as needed. -Actively engaged in promoting MHS in the community based on the type of event & Service line being represented -Take live pictures, video clips and/or interviews (using release) and follow social media posting process for the service line/departmentnnEducation: Associate's degree.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: CPR or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in stressful environment and take appropriate action. Advanced knowledge of MS office with an emphasis on Excel. Must be able to work flexible schedule, Must be able to attend events at different locations (indoors and outdoors).
Required Work Experience: 2 years related experience