Hospice Medical Social Worker MSW | Licensed | Per Diem','18004059','!*!Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Offer social service support to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment during end-of-life
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, contribute and support a highly collaborative team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
','Per Diem','United States-Connecticut-East Hartford','Hospice','!*!What You Will Do:
As a Medical Social Worker (MSW) for Amedisys hospice, you will have the opportunity to assist and counsel patients and their family one on one with health related financial, social and emotional concerns. Your work will include assisting the physician and other members of the patient care team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors to develop an appropriate plan related to the terminally ill patient’s care.
• Assess and reassess social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life care and to help them follow the hospice team’s recommendations to maximize the patient’s quality of life.
• Counsel patients and families concerning financial concerns, life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, care giving issues
• Recognize, identify and utilize community and family resources to assist in maintaining independence and quality of life
• Attend and actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure good coordination of care
• Develop, prepare and maintain individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
• May supervise Social Worker Assistants as a licensed social worker
• Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• A current and unencumbered license or certification to practice as a social worker in the state assigned to work with some limited state specific exceptions*
• One (1 ) year or more experience as a social worker in a healthcare setting
• Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and agency-required liability insurance to perform home visits
• Previous home health or hospice experience
Most states specifically require a professional state license or certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.','!*!Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees','false','','false','Hospice Medical Social Worker MSW | Licensed | Per Diem
Website : http://www.amedisys.com
Amedisys is a leading home health and hospice care company focused on bringing home the continuum of care. We deliver personalized home health and hospice care to thousands of patients and their families, in the comfort of their own homes. Our care teams deliver personalized home health and hospice care to approximately 380,000 patients each year. Amedisys is a post-acute care partner to more than 2,233 hospitals and 61,900 physicians across the country. We provide the care that is best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury, care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life. Amedisys is a recognized innovator, being one of the first in the industry to equip its clinicians with point-of-care laptop technology and referring physicians with an internet portal that enables real-time coordination of patient care seamlessly. Amedisys also has the industry's first-ever nationwide Care Transitions program, designed to reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions through patient and caregiver health coaching and care coordination, which starts in the hospital and continues throughout completion of the patient's home health plan of care.