COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Fortitude DC, is a Permanent Supportive Housing Program providing comprehensive housing stability case management services in accordance with the Housing First Model, client/family centered principals as well as other best practice standards of the profession. Program participants live in scattered site housing throughout the District of Columbia.
JOB SUMMARY: The Social Worker seeks to improve the well-being of our clients by providing direct clinical and case management services including the coordination of community resources. This position is designated as “essential” based on workplace responsibilities. Essential positions are required to report to work during inclement weather and report to work during emergencies as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides coaching and task supervision to Case Management staff to build competencies that are necessary to effectively case manage including but not limited to strength based treatment, person centered planning, motivation, incentive skills, co-occurring principles and interventions and practice protocols. Conduct on-going assessment of client needs and assist clients in setting goals.
• Deliver and coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain direct contact.
• Provide individual and group counseling.
• Facilitate daily crisis management acting as liaison between client and clients’ environment.
• Collaborate with other disciplines including legal, medical, educational, vocational, substance abuse and mental health professionals, and other service providers.
• Make appropriate referrals for emotional, legal, medical, dental, education, recreational, vocational, employment, and housing needs.
• Create and maintain case records, including, but not limited to legal documentation, psycho-socials, case notes, case plans, service updates, court reports, medical reports, referrals, discharge summaries, visitation records and educational information.
• Modeling socially-accepted appropriate behavior and attitudes.
• Engage in continuing education activity to maintain licensure.
• Demonstrate commitment to improving client services outcomes and customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s in Social Work required.
• Social Work license from the appropriate jurisdiction(s). LGSW (DC or MD) required.
• Valid local driver’s license and clean driving record required.
• Experience working with individuals who are homeless, and have mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to analyze and intervene when appropriate as the needs arise.
• Demonstrated cultural competence and cultural responsiveness.
• Maintain accurate client records which includes the client database.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Washington. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process