Catholic Charities Community Services
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Oversee everyday functioning of the Residential Group Home Program. Responsible for employee support; achieving positive outcomes, consumer satisfaction, regulatory compliance and overall program operations. The Residential Manager will monitor and supervise the Assistant Residential Manager and Direct Support Professionals assigned to the facility and engage in ongoing collaboration with resident families and other service providers.
1. Provide assistance and support to all individuals with acquisition, retention or improvement in skills related to fire evacuation, in accordance to the fire safety code of the residence. Maintain and update fire safety records for all individuals.
2. Oversee the overall budget for residence operations and assumes fiscal accountability of all expenditures including individuals’ expenditures.
3. Maintain continuity of all individuals’ records including but not limited to residential habilitation, medical, behavioral, financial, fire safety, individual plans of service and protective oversight plans.
4. Oversee Residential Habilitation Services for each resident including concepts of integration, independence, individualization and productivity.
5. Respond with appropriate actions to crisis situations and medical emergencies.
6. Ensure all aspects of medication administration are done accurately and provide medication administration as needed.
7. Assess all medically related situations involving individual(s) as they occur, contact the on-call RN when necessary and assure all recommendations given by RN are properly followed and documented.
8. Arrange and/or provide transportation to individuals as needed and oversee record keeping of mileage and vehicle maintenance.
Supervision and Training:
9. Supervise all staff, as assigned, including but not limited to all aspects of hiring, evaluating and promoting ongoing staff development. Prompt recognition and feedback to staff on job performance.
10. Maintain work schedule of all staff, assures adequate staff coverage and provides emergency direct care services, if necessary. Maintains staff time-off requests, reviews and submits approval for time sheets/cards.
11. Promote and encourage team building within the work site assigned.
12. Insure appropriate training and submits documentation of training for records for each employee (supervised).
13. Provide staff training and development through classroom and one on one teaching, acting as a role model and guiding staff on how to appropriately work with and interact with residents, other staff, families, guardians and other service providers.
14. For training he/she provides directly, submit employee training records and/or sign in sheet(s) to QM and /or HR.
Meetings and Other Functions:
15. Schedule and facilitate staff meetings.
16. Attend/chair as needed management meetings,; ensure dissemination of all information to staff and others,
17. Attend mandatory training,
18. Coordinate and or attend resident related meetings (ISP, house, family, etc.) ensure all necessary follow up is completed.
19. Participate in special projects and committees.
20. Participates in audits and ensure compliance of all applicable local, state and federal regulations and agency policies.
21. Ensure completion/submission of all required daily, bi-weekly, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as scheduled.
22. Routinely review all required reports, logs, mail, etc. as needed, maintaining an organized filing system.
23. Coordinate all aspects of program financial procedures including but not limited to grocery shopping, vehicle maintenance, house maintenance and repairs in accordance with DD policies and procedures.
24. Assure the proper and prudent expenditures of all funds.
25. Oversee the facilities’ general inventory and stock items for the residence including food, household supplies and individuals’ medications. Ensures invoices are submitted to Finance Office as per policy and procedure.
26. Monitor the residence to assure it is adequately maintained and all hazardous conditions are reported and repaired in a timely fashion.
27. Oversee and approve staff mileage.
28. Assure routine vehicle maintenance of agency vehicle.
29. Participate in \on-call\ on a rotating basis with Assistant Manager and or other Management staff, providing 24-hour accessibility.
30. Comply and cooperate with internal and or outside staff during any inspection or investigation
31. Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree or successful completion of at least sixty (60) hours of college study in human services field and at least three (3) years of practical experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, one (1) year of experience working as a Residential Assistant Manager or in an equivalent supervisory capacity or two (2) years as an agency trainer.
A Bachelor's degree in human services field and at least two (2) years of practical experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, six (6) months of experience working as a Residential Assistant Manager or in an equivalent supervisory capacity or one (1) year as an agency trainer.
A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Catholic Charities Community Services
Website : http://www.catholiccharitiesaz.org
Toward the end of the Great Depression in 1933, Catholic Charities opened an office in downtown Phoenix with our first director, Eileen Ward, advocating for vulnerable children. Over the years, Catholic Charities staff and volunteers continued to monitor the needs of central and northern Arizona communities and responded by providing life-changing services that protect and nurture children, help strengthen families and assist individuals in crisis - growing to serve communities in Maricopa, Yavapai, Coconino and Mohave Counties. We continue the thread of our early work today by delivering services in foster care, adoption and pregnancy counseling, North Star youth development and Westside Head Start early education. Over the years in response to community needs, our agency has grown to serve veterans and their families, sex-trafficked survivors, victims of domestic abuse, refugees and those experiencing homelessness. Catholic Charities is a place where miracles happen every day in the lives of more than 100,000 men, women and children every year. Join us in this incredible work and be a miracle to someone today.