Career Systems Development Corporation (CSD)
Interested in making a difference in young adults? lives? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values
of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone?s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Conducts local outreach activities and admissions procedures to recruit, determine eligibility of, and process and follow up with applicants to the Job Corps program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates and abides by the company core values and the operating principles.
2. Meets or exceeds all established center, contract, and individual goals and expected outcomes.
3. Helps create and implement a local and geographic outreach program to recruit and maintain a pool of interested, eligible, and suitable applicants.
4. Collaborates with local organizations, career centers, and community resources to recruit and help address applicant needs.
5. Conducts in-depth interviews and assesses eligibility for enrollment for all applicants to the program.
6. Provides applicants with all relevant information regarding Job Corps programs, standards of conduct, expectations, goals, disability and reasonable accommodations, equal employment opportunity, and enrollment requirements.
7. Records and maintains all application materials and associated documentation, following all established procedures for accuracy and confidentiality.
8. Provides timely information to the centers and applicable staff to ensure students are assigned to respective centers, transportation is arranged, and all students? needs are anticipated.
9. Establishes rapport with applicants and provides ongoing support throughout the application, pre-departure, and arrival processes and throughout students? stay in the program.
10. Establishes and maintains positive partnerships with center staff to ensure that centers receive committed and informed applicants and that applicants receive quality services throughout the application and arrival processes.
11. Maintains and updates records according to federal requirements.
12. Arranges and conducts tours of the centers for interested individuals and groups.
13. Travels to centers, career centers, outreach sites, transportation depots, and other applicable locations as necessary.
14. Attends required staff training sessions and maintains all training requirements.
15. Possess and maintains CPR certification.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely-related field; or Associate?s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, communications, or closely-related field and two years of related experience with successful outreach and admissions or other youth development programs. Model company Core Values. Ability to drive and travel.
Experience working with disadvantaged youth highly desirable.
In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must have regular attendance, excellent communication and computer skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Knowledge of Job Corps or similar training program.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Excellent presentation skills.
Must possess a valid State of California driver?s license.
Ability to effectively relate to students.
Excellent organizational skills.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in El Centro. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Career Systems Development Corporation (CSD)