Commercial Banking - Middle Market - Commercial Banker, Associate - Cleveland, OH or Akron, OH
Req #: 180012349_1
Location: Akron, OH,US
Job Category: Relationship Management/Sales
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
The primary goal is to grow and retain profitable relationships within the Middle Market segment through financial/credit analysis. Under direct supervision of more senior relationship bankers, will work to deliver value added solutions to clients. Individuals in this position have developed the experience to function as the lead on smaller accounts and as backup on larger clients. May handle client meetings on matters related to financing, but would not typically handle meetings involving key clients. Establish rapport with clients through regular contact by phone and in person. Developing the ability to identify financial needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
Our competitive advantage lies in our people. Customers will generally continue their relationship with the same bankers and customer service representatives they have worked with for years. We believe that the combination of local decision-making, local delivery and personalized service are critical to building long-term relationships. Your primary role will be to grow, develop and retain new profitable relationships in the assigned market coverage area. Relationships between Middle Market Banking and the clients may include the larger and complex relationships for the market.
* Working with teammates, partners and other banking professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions to the client that result in a highly satisfied client experience
* Optimizing portfolio revenue opportunities and balance revenue growth (credit vs non-credit) across products and services
* Identifying opportunities to cross sell every relationship across the firm's LOBs
* Executing your sales coverage plan and willingness to grow and expand your personal skills and knowledge commensurate with role and experience level
* Bachelors degree required
* 3 years with above average performance results in a similar banking role or credit/lending related experience.
* Outstanding professional reputation and integrity
* Strong leadership skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and retain new and profitable relationships in a highly competitive environment.
* Ability to assess risks inherent in complex credit transactions and mitigate, structure and negotiate accordingly.
* Superior knowledge of the market dynamics and its competitive landscape preferred.
* Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communication skills.
* Extensive knowledge of products and services
* Outstanding community involvement