HCA Holdings, Inc
Social Worker III
The Medical Social Worker III
is responsible and accountable for assessing the psychological, social, emotional, cultural and/or financial needs that impact patients’ health and recovery. The MSW III shall:
• Utilize social service, supportive counseling, and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs
• Address assessed needs in a timely manner
• Develop a Discharge plan in collaboration with patient/family and interdisciplinary team
• Utilize knowledge of payer source implications on discharge plan, resources and placement options to maximize patients’ successful disposition
• Perform delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at NSMC
• Serve as a resource for issues of financial assistance and/or resources that promote continued independence for patients
• Assist patients and families in matters related to advance directives and guardianship and proxy decision making
• Perform psychiatric evaluations for patients on mental health, drug and/or alcohol holds as necessary
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: State of Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). BLS certification required.
B. Education: MSW
C. Experience: 3-5 years recent clinical social work experience, preferably in an acute care setting .
D. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have the ability to assess information, apply critical thinking processes to determine course of action, and relay this information to the interdisciplinary team. Requires: excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills; solid knowledge base in psychosocial assessment; knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid criteria for benefits and accessing resources. Must be able to prioritize workload, and develop efficient methods of managing time.
Degree of Supervision Required: Minimal; expected to be self directed.
Orientation Period: Minimum of 2 weeks training/orientation contingent upon experience. Extensive orientation may be required and will be determined by Department Director/Designee.
*Behavioral & Social Work
Social Worker III
Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.