University of Washington
University of Washington
Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Salary Not specified
Job type Employee
Category Administrative / Office,Health Care,Social Services / Mental Health
Job status N/A
Posted on Feb 08, 2018
Job code ******
Return to Job list
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER 1 or 2 (HOURLY/TEMP) Req #: ****** Department: UWMC SOCIAL WORK & CARE COORDINATION Job Location: UW Medical Center Posting Date: 09/05/2017 Closing Info: Open Until Filled Salary: SW1 $28.04-$42.59 per hour; SW2 $30.38-$46.14 per hour Shift: First Shift Notes: This position will be filled as a temporary/hourly, Social Worker 1 or Social Worker 2, depending on the qualifications of the top candidate selected and the business needs of the hiring department. Social Worker 2 participates as a Practicum Instructor for the School of Social Work as assigned. Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top dozen medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report Americas Best Hospitals, UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UWs School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nations premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The University of Washington Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for an temporary/hourly, SOCIAL WORKER to [cover various medical services including med/surg, oncology, and potentially psychiatry and transplant.] OR [provides services to patients and families of a given medical service, or services which includes conducting psycho-social assessment, support to patients and families, discharge planning and coordination of care with internal and external providers, intervention with crisis situations (behavioral issues, loss and grief, child/vulnerable adult abuse or exploitation, etc..). This position also supports the interdisciplinary team(s) by ensuring that the work being done is congruent with the goals of care.]
SW I/II: General Inpatient
The General Inpatient SW I/II provides services to patients and families of a given medical service, or services which includes conducting psychosocial assessment, support to patients and families, discharge planning and coordination of care with internal and external providers, intervention with crisis situations (behavioral issues, loss and grief, child/vulnerable adult abuse or exploitation, etc..). This position also supports the interdisciplinary team(s) by ensuring that the work being done is congruent with the goals of care. This position reports to the UWMC Social Work & Care Coordination Department.
Position responsibilities include:
1. Utilizes medical record and consultation with interdisciplinary staff to screen patients for service needs, provide information regarding Social Work activity and to coordinate care as part of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Assesses for the psychosocial and disposition planning needs of patients and when appropriate, their support systems, and develops appropriate interventions to address such needs.
3. Provides patient-centered care by treating patients and their support systems with respect and dignity, involving them in their care whenever possible.
4. Serves as liaison between medical staff and patients/families, providing support and advocacy as needed.
5. Maintains positive working relationships within the department, with UWMC staff, and with community providers by effective oral and written communication.
6. Participates in quality improvement activities that enhance the performance of the department and the UWMC, as appropriate.
7. Provides education to other health care providers and staff, patients and their support systems on psychosocial issues, community resources, and the role of social work.
8. Responds to crisis situations and emergency codes, as appropriate, and participates in implementation of departmental and UWMC disaster plans in the event of internal and external disasters.
9. Provides consultation and cross-coverage as needed to other members of the department.
10. Documents pertinent clinical activity and statistical data in a timely manner, to meet professional standards, departmental and UWMC policies and regulatory requirements.
11. If a SW II, provides training to new staff and students and represents the department and UWMC to internal and external groups.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position may be hired as a Social Worker 1 or 2, depending on candidates qualifications. Social Worker 2 participates as a Practicum Instructor for the School of Social Work as assigned.
Social Worker 1 Requirements: A Master of Social Work Degree from a program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education AND six months of experience in a health care setting either as MSW practicum or work experience.
Legal Requirements: Registration as either an 1) Agency Affiliated Counselor, 2) Licensed Social Work Associate Advanced or 3) Licensed Social Work Associate Independent Clinical by the State of Washington within 90 days of employment.
Social Worker 2 Requirements: A Master of Social Work Degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education AND two years of full-time professional social work experience in a health-care setting OR equivalent education/experience. Eligible to begin social work practicum instruction for the School of Social Work.
Legal Requirements: Registration as either an 1) Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or 2) Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW) by the State of Washington within within 90 days of employment.
Experience conducting comprehensive psycho-social assessments and providing social work interventions, including examination of barriers to adherence, substance abuse, mental health issues, and support systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work in fast paced environment with high standards. Knowledge of medical terminology, the health care system, and community resources.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at ************ / ************ (tty) or **********. Apply for this job
University of Washington
Website : http://www.washington.edu