Primarily salesposition with a strong emphasis on customer service, meeting goals andachieving results, the Leasing Staff manages the sales process, from start tofinish; presenting the apartments and communities enthusiastically, overcomingobjections, building relationships and creating excitement.
* Isenthusiastic when providing information about the apartments and the communityto the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community.
* Determinesthe needs and responds promptly to resident needs and concerns while beingpleasant, cheerful and tactful.
* Quicklycloses new sales and leases apartments to qualified prospects at an acceptabledetermined percent of total prospects.
* Ishospitable when meeting or greeting people and determines if the communitymeets the client's qualifications.
* Effectivelyexplains all lease and community policies to new and current residents.
* Supportsthe overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard topromotions, advertisements, etc.
* Maintainsan accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community,particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies,apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
* Understandsand complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
* Monitorsthe community advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintains ad bookand demographics.
* Gathersinformation about markets, competition, etc. and prepares monthly competitivesurvey reports to analyze the real estate market trends and conditions in thearea.
* Monitorsall vacancies and future vacancies in order to react proactively to futureoccupancy needs.
* Inspectson a regular basis all vacant apartments to ensure they are ready to show toprospective residents.
* Conductsfollow-up activity with all residents in order to establish positive residentrelations.
* Representsthe company in a professional manner at all times.
LEASE/RESIDENT FILE ADMINISTRATION
* Accuratelyand efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (i.e.,applications, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks, andleasing move-in packets).
* Completesfollow-up thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial communityvisit.
* Maintainscurrent resident files.
* Collectssecurity deposits, rent, and all other funds associated with resident move-ins.
* Effectivelycommunicates charges in units leased status to Maintenance Department.
SKILLS. ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE
* Strong sales and customer serviceexperience
* Organizational, multi-tasking andcommunication skills
* Basic computer skills
* Attention to detail
* Prior experience in leasing, sales, orhospitality
* High school diploma or equivalentrequired
* College degree or some collegecoursework desirable.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
* Attendsand participates in training as required.
* Assiststhe Community Director in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
* Attendsand assists in the coordination and organization of resident relations andactivities, such as newsletters, parties, etc.
* Transportsprospective residents via motorized vehicle throughout property grounds; may runerrands as necessary.
* Performsother duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKINGCONDITIONS
Thephysical demands described below are representative of those that must be metby an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand forlong periods of time, with frequent interruptions, including reaching, bending,or carrying
* Requires manual dexterity with normalhand/finger movement and coordination
* Talking, hearing, and seeing areimportant elements of completing assigned tasks
* Occasionally lifts, carries, positions,or moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds
* Working environment is typically in anoffice setting, will be required to walk outside to show prospective residentsthe community and available units, may occasionally need to leave the premisesfor business purposes
* Requires the ability to drive anautomobile in order to make bank runs or to attend meetings
* Requires the use of a telephone, faxmachine, computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, and other typical officeequipment
* May work non-traditional hours,including evenings or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
* Must have a valid state issued driver'slicense.
Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is often exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in thework environment is usually moderate.
This jobdescription reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does notprescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned, since all positions aresubject to change.