First Match Services, Inc.
White Swan, WA
This client provides academic, vocational, and life-learning skills to at-risk youth and young adults across the United States. As part of the program, youth and young adults are provided healthcare services as follows: medical, dental, mental health, and drug & alcohol intervention. Each center has a need for basic health services provided by licensed medical professionals that include examinations and assessments, treatment, issuance of prescriptions and immunizations, monitoring health conditions, recommending hospitalization, follow-up care, and prevention planning and intervention.
The client is designed to assist young people who need and can benefit from the wide-range of services provided, which include: basic education, high school diploma program (HSD), general education development (GED), vocational skills training, residential living program, healthcare, and related support services. The combination of training and support services is designed to help each student become a responsible and productive citizen.
The Center Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) shall provide basic mental health counseling services for all students in the Center, as well as consultation and training to the staff. CMHC services are required on a weekly basis to assist students in attaining and maintaining optimal health with the services being provided at the Center.
The services the CMHC provides will involve the monitoring of the Health & Wellness program to ensure that students acquire the health-related skills, knowledge, and attitude that help make them employable; coordinating and integrating the CMHC services program with other H&W components/activities on Center; and provide CMHC services to enrollees and established students. Provision of CMHC services requires, but is not limited to:
* the ability to work both independently and as a member of a healthcare team to provide optimal services to a population of financially disadvantaged youth, ranging from 16 to 24 years in age
* provision of a basic mental health presentation to all enrollees to educate them on the services offered, and establish a positive rapport that facilitates student participation in the CHMC program
* ensure patient privacy for all assessments/consultations, as mandated by HIPPA
* participate in the management of (providing written diagnosis and treatment plan) a Chronic Care Management Plan for students with chronic conditions/disabilities related to mental health conditions
* coordinate with the center physician for Schedule II prescriptions, if necessary
* establish an appropriate referral system to ensure the receipt of specialty care by students, as defined in the client handbook and within budget constraints
* provide student services in such a manner to obtain positive student satisfaction survey results as determined by the Center.
The CMHC services must comply with the Centers policies, requirements, and guidelines and engage in the most efficient and cost-effective practice of contemporary, evidence-based health care possible given available time, resources, and personnel.
Additional services required in support of the Centers H&W program include:
* maintain, safeguard, and ensure the confidentiality of all required student health records when they are in the health clinic or in the possession of health and wellness team members, according to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
* provide specialized staff training related to mental health, on an annual basis;
* participate in Reasonable Accommodation Committee meetings & File Applicant Review Team meetings as requested
* review the Clients Health and Wellness website and attend CHMC conference calls, webinars, and DOL Training as may be required that does not involve actual travel
* not engage in any research projects and/or publications relating to the Clients health activities without prior written approval from the Client;
* advise and assist the health education instructor in the development and implementation of the Mental Health Education Program;
* report adverse student behavior incidents to the Health & Wellness Manager (HWM) or Contracting Officers Representative (COR)
* understand that CHMC services shall be subject to monitoring and review by the Client assessment teams, and cooperation with such teams is required
Center Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) provider must have an active, unrestricted license as a Clinical Psychologist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker and must be an independent practitioner in the state of Washington. All services provided must be in accordance with state regulations.
Must submit a current copy of licensure
May be subject to a criminal background check and drug testing as prerequisites for contract performance
Candidates with active, unrestricted licenses other than specified above, who are qualified to provide mental health counseling services in Washington, MAY be considered at the sole discretion of the Government and would require a waiver prior to providing services.
CMHC services are required on a weekly basis, during days of the week and hours of the day established in coordination with center personnel. The days and times of services shall be upon mutual agreement between the Contractor and center personnel and must be considered reasonable. A reasonable schedule would be considered providing services one (1) or two (2) days a week, M-F, 8am - 5pm. Any additional times may be needed upon occasion through mutual coordination between the center personnel and the Contractor.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
First Match Services, Inc.